…Nobody more than those suffering from hypothyroid can understand this better. It is such a life-crumbling experience to have this disease ! It is nothing less than a metabolic disaster !!
To understand Why, What and How hypothyroidism is a metabolic disaster and how it can be cured holistically with Homoeopathic medicine, it is important that you read through the WHOLE note.
Your thyroid is a MASTER gland !
It produces, stores, and releases hormones (T3, T4) into the bloodstream so that the hormones can reach the body’s cells. The thyroid gland uses iodine from the food you eat to make these two main hormones.
T3, T4 majorly influence almost every cell in your body and are required in nearly every physiological process; so under-performance by thyroid can literally lead to a metabolic disaster !!
T3 and T4 regulate vital body functions, including:
- Breathing & Heart rate
- Central and peripheral nervous systems
- Body weight
- Muscle strength
- Menstrual cycles
- Body temperature
- Cholesterol levels and much more!
In health, thyroid does all these vital functions flawlessly; but consumption of damaging foods and faulty lifestyle can disrupt its harmonious functioning.
Some key contributing factors that can ruin your healthy thyroid function are:
- Iodine deficiency – the most common cause worldwide.
- Gluten, Soy, GMO Foods
- Refined, processed, pasteurized, fortified and artificially flavoured, colored or preserved ‘foods.’
- Bromines –Bromine can be found regularly in Pesticides, Bakery goods, some flours, Soft drinks, Medications and plastic.
- Stress and Adrenal Function –Stress is one of the worst thyroid disruptor. Your thyroid function is intimately tied to your adrenal function, which is intimately affected by how you handle stress.
It is important that T3 and T4 levels are neither too high nor too low. Two glands in the brain—the hypothalamus (secretes TRH) and the pituitary (produces TSH) communicate to maintain T3 and T4 balance.
In Hypothyroidism, T3 and T4 levels are low in the blood, so the pituitary gland releases more TSH to tell the thyroid gland to produce more of T3 and T4.
Patients suffering from Hypothyroid may experience these symptoms:
- In children and babies: severe effects on physical and emotional development, intellectual disability or mental retardation.
- General loss of energy and Tiredness
- Slowed metabolism, Slow pulse
- Difficulty in concentrating or mental slowness, Depression
- Sensitivity to cold
- Dry skin, Brittle, dry hair
- Deep, hoarse voice
- Loss of sexual desire or impotency
- Infertility & frequent, heavy periods
Life long medication and or surgery (depending on type of hypothyroidism) are the generally offered treatment options by allopathy; but inspite of taking ‘thyroid hormone replacement’ (such as tablet Eltroxin), sense of well being eludes these patients.
So, how to cure hypothyroidism?
Prevention of course is the best ! Having sufficient, bio-available iodine from the food you eat may prevent hypothyroidism caused by its deficiency.
You can get iodine from… Fruits like strawberries and bananas, potatoes, food growing near sea and in soil rich in iodine, Himalayan salt, Sea vegetables like Kelp, etc.
But once the disease is established, proper holistic treatment is necessary.
As you can see in the table with test report of patient treated at CHRC, Homoeopathy offers a holistic and curative line of treatment for hypothyroidism. This stands true for autoimmune hypothyroid cases also. CHRC has treated many such cases with dependency on heavy medication and still not getting better.
So, you don’t have to take life-long medicines and live with it. Hypothyroidism can be cured and you can bounce back to health once again !
Most physicians believe that if your TSH value is within the “normal” range, your thyroid is fine, but singularly TSH value is grossly unreliable for diagnosing and accessing the status of hypothyroidism.